Monday, April 13, 2015

Don't EVER Smoke Marijuana and Forever Be Good



So this week the ward activity girls sent me letters! And here is my response to them..

Dear Tooele 26th Ward Activity Girls,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your sweet letters and notes to me. They make me super happy that you guys spent time to write letters and ask me questions about Chile! So I don`t remember all of your questions, but here are some answers. Chile is VERY different from Utah! There are mountains just like Utah, but they are even bigger than the Utah Mountains! Also, they don`t have snow on them. There are a lot of dogs in the streets here. Sometimes people don`t want to keep their dogs, so they just let them loose on the street! It is sad, but its okay because Heavenly Father is watching over the dogs. We teach a lot of people here in Chile, even people in different religions! Some of them are Catholic, others Evangelists and others are Jehovah`s Witnesses. And some people don`t think God exists at all. My favorite part is that we, as missionaries, just get to share our testimonies with EVERYONE, no matter who they are or what they believe. And, if they want, sometimes they like what we say and feel the Holy Ghost, so we can teach them even more! I have made a lot of friends here in Chile, because even though I don`t speak Spanish very well, I just share my testimony, and people recognize that we have a light in our eyes when we talk about Jesus Christ! I want to just tell all of you that each of you has a special light in you because you love Jesus Christ. And with this light, you can go tell EVERYONE about how much you love Jesus and how happy it makes you to be in His church. That is what I do everyday as a missionary, and it is super fun and awesome! This last week we talked to a woman and her daughter who don`t believe in Jesus Christ, and when we shared our testimonies, they felt the Spirit and wanted us to come back and teach them more! Missionary work is very fun. Sometimes it is hard if no one wants to listen to us, but a lot of the time, we just get to talk to nice people and be their friends!

I love all of you, and hope that you go make a friend and tell them about your best friend Jesus Christ!

Love,

Hermana McCubbins
Chile Rancagua Mision


I LOVE missionary work and talking with lots of people about Jesus Christ. This week we just started talking to a guy in the street and it turns out that he was Jehovah`s Witness the WHOLE TIME!! And I didn`t even notice because we were just talking to him like a person, and sharing our love for God! I have made up my mind that we are not here to cause contention or prove to anyone that this is the true church. We are here to testify of the things that are closest to our hearts and share our love for Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. We are here to speak by the power of the Holy Ghost and give these people the chance to accept the message or not. Sometimes when the answer is NO, we get people waving their fingers at us, and yelling, and some can`t say anything but shake their head and slowly go back into their houses..... ;) and EVERYTIME that Hna. Rajapakse and I get rejected, we laugh super hard (because sometimes they do it in funny ways) and just say to ourselves that it is not their time yet. One time this week, all that the woman could do, after she saw our plaques, was wave her finger above her head and say, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! NONOOOOOO!!! ;) It just makes me laugh because if I didn`t laugh, I would probably cry. 

This week with our investigador has been awesome! We didn`t get to teach Mario because he wasn`t there, but he came to church for the second time!! And during Principles of the Gospel class, all he wanted to do was read the Book of Mormon and the book for the class. We are starting to see a growth of desire within him to learn more of the gospel. I JUST WISH THIS WOULD HAPPEN WITH EVERYONE!! But this is only happening because he is keeping his compromisos and asking us questions and all of that. Compromisos are the key to know who is progressing and worth the Lord`s time. It is hard to say that some people aren`t worth our time because the Lord is supposed to love everyone right? Well, that is true that He loves everyone, but He calls only those who choose to follow Him, His blessed and choice people! And then He also condemns people that do not have ears to hear or eyes to see, simply because they choose to not do those things. So while yes, He loves everyone, there are people He has chosen. So to know these chosen people, we see if they keep their committments or not. Like one investigator Gabriel, he reads EVERYTHING that we give him, because he has decided that it is important, and the words in the Book of Mormon, he has chosen to let touch his heart and now he wants more and more and MORE!! The only thing with him is he is never home, so we can never go teach him, but once we find him, we will invite him to church, and we feel he will want to be baptized. 

My scripture challenge for you guys this week is to read Alma 38, and 40 through 42, because I LOVE THEM!! These are the words of Alma to his sons, and I just love both the palo and love and awesomeness that he tells them. Especially the principles of the Plan of Salvation. So anyway yeah. 

I love all of you guys, and hope you grow in your desires to keep your committments to Heavenly Father in reading the scriptures and praying and going to church, and doing all that, because really, these things are for us!! They are for our benefit! They arent meant to be hassles or burdens for us, but light and knowledge and ways for us to be closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior and become who we are supposed to be as children of God. KEEP PUSHING FORWARD!! 

Anyway, sorry if my letters seem like rambling, because I do not have a gift for writing, especially since Spanish is dominating my brain!

Hna. McCubbins

PS I don`t like the smell of marijuana, don`t EVER smoke it, okay? Just promise me that and we will forever be good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment