Monday, April 6, 2015

To the Best Mom Ever

Mom,

I just wanted to let you know that I did not forget your birthday, I just forgot to write to you about it. In fact, I dedicated a whole 2 pages to you in my journal. I agree that we don`t have to age anymore. I will stay 19, and you stay 25 ;) I am SO happy that they did an awesome surprise for you back at home. I was definitely thinking about you all day and when someone made an April Fool`s Day joke, I almost cried. But I am all good now, no se precupe :D
I just wanted to write and tell you how much you have meant to me for these past 20 years of life I have. I can definitely tell a difference in my mission and in who I want to be because of how you have raised me and loved me tons. 
First, I am so grateful that you married dad and we have a complete and sealed family that will be eternal! 
Second, I am thankful you raised me in the true and restored church of Jesus Christ!
Third, I am thankful you are tall, cuz now I am tall ;) And I like being tall.
Fourth, you always tell us kids that we are the special spirits that Heavenly Father sent to you to watch over, but as I have learned in the mission, Heavenly Father only trusts His special spirits to the most amazing spirits that are capable of taking care of them and loving them and teaching them :)
Fifth, I am so grateful for the example you have set of hard work with us and in becoming a seminary teacher. Your love of the scriptures has fed my love for them.

Okay, so I have lots of things to tell you, but not a lot of time because I had some friends I needed to uplift today in email. However, you guys deserve a funny story. One night Hermana Rajapakse was showering, and the shower window is over our balcony outside in our apartment. So.... after I finished writing in my journal, I went out on the balcony, and knocked on the window super loud!! and she SCREAMED!!!! Anyway, love you guys!!

Hna. McCubbins

Hermana McCubbins and Hermana Rajapakse
New Zone in Talca. Hna McCubbins is in La Florida

Hna Squires and Hna McCubbins: Stansbury High Cross Country is well represented!!

Hna Hall in Hna McCubbins' old zone


New Sisters in a new Zone: Hna Rajapakse is Hna McCubbins' new companion (floral shirr, fourth from the left)

Landscape is beautiful in Talca

This is supposed to be fall........you be the judge.



Hna. Rajapakse showed this to me, and my mind was blown!!


No comments:

Post a Comment