Monday, September 7, 2015

Awesome Week!

Dear Family,

Just so you know, I love you! But slowly I am losing my english. There are days now where I NEVER speak english because I live with two latinas and it is just easier to speak spanish. So, sorry if my english doesn´t make sense. It was actually pretty funny because this week we are looking for a new house (our house is too big, fancy and expensive) and we had to go through two houses with the missionary couple in charge of the houses. The hermana only speaks english, and so she depended on me and Hna. Bingham to translate a lot. Its not that I can´t, but I don´t think I like english anymore... :) I am kind of in love with Spanish. So I stayed back with Hna. Araujo and Hna. Aizama, and we just talked Spanish. The rest of the day I told Hna. Araujo that I don´t like english. She then said: Yo tampoco. ;D She is so funny. She doesn´t study english because she is trying to learn Spanish still. I love her tons! 
Also, we discovered that 12 Semanas (the book we use to train missionaries) says that we need to be able to teach all the lessons in our native tongue... So we had to practice doing that. Me in english and Hna. Araujo in Portugese. OH MAN IT WAS HARD!! I only know how to express some things in Spanish and I haven´t opened my english scriptures in a long time. I might have to go to the Spanish ward after my mission until I recover ;) 

So, our main investigator is Marcela de Jesus, and she is AWESOME!! She is amazing and is more faithful than a lot of members! During testimony meeting, (she was fasting) and she turned to me and asked where she could find an envelope to pay her fast offerings!!! (She knew what that was because we taught her tithing and fasting the week before.) I was so impressed and I just wanted to hug her and cry for joy. I don´t think there is any other investigator as cool as her. It is amazing to see what the Lord does with us when we truly choose to follow Him and obey ALL His commandments! I love her so much! She met the District leader, and he said, Solo falta agua. ;D

And so yeah, that is the coolest thing that happened this week. I hope you all have an amazing week and be as converted to the Lord as Marcela. All you have to do is Pray with your heart, Read the scriptures as if you were eating thanksgiving dinner, and go to Church with a broken heart and contrite spirit. Love you guys! 

Hna.McCubbins



Pichilemu

No comments:

Post a Comment