Monday, February 29, 2016

My Red Head Lovely Running Man

Dear Family, especially Scooter,

Hey!! Who told you you could turn 16 when your best older sister was out of the country?? I just hope you know that turning 16 doesnt mean you can go out with girls or drive or anything, until I get home ;D Just kidding... You can do that stuff, but I am going to be thinking about how you are still 2 feet tall with chubby cheeks and super ticklish. :D I hope you love life Scooter. Being 16 is awesome! Just live it up and enjoy every moment. Enjoy every tough run and opportunity to laugh and learn from Coachie. I had a dream about you guys running and I was trying to catch up, but then I got tired and layed down, and that was my whole dream :) You were running on the gold course by Coachie`s house. Any who, dont grow too fast, your head is going to start making holes in the ceiling. I love ya dude. If there is one thing I could tell you, it would be read the scriptures everyday and pray to Heavenly Father. A lot of people here think it is something old fashioned, or only their grandmas do it, but it is SO awesome when we have a close relationship with Heavenly Father. He understands us perfectly and will help you in anything you need. Something super awesome that I learned this week was that I can write a question in the margins of my scriptures, wherever I am reading at the time and search for an answer in what I am reading. I am serious when I say, it TOTALLY works. Of course you cant ask questions like, what am I going to eat for breakfast, but you can ask things like, What can I do to be more happy everyday? Or this week I asked, How can I have more courage to leave awkward situations? It is amazing what happens, there are scriptures that just jump out and hit you in the face. Just try it! And read everyday. I promise if you do that everyday and pray also, you will be the happiest person ever. :D 

This week was also cool because we had a training with Elder Bednar and he LITERALLY BLEW MY MIND. I don't know if you guys can see it since it was only for the area South America South, but I learned SO much, especially that we need to pray in faith, which means that we are willing to act on what we pray for. For example, if I am praying for a family member or friend to come to church, I have to go invite them and tell them how amazing church is!! It is that simple. Or, if I am praying to get a good grade on a test or in a class, I have to study a ton and know my stuff! If we pray for something, but dont do anything to get it, we are praying in vain... And that isn't good. 

Also this week, we found a miracle family! It is the family MarĂ­n Valenzuela. They have 4 kids and are a couple, not married, who have been together for 20 years. The mom was recieving the missionaries 4 years ago, but the dad would throw away the pamphlets. But this time, when we knocked on their door, the dad came out and actually invited us inside immediately!! It was awesome. You can know that someone is ready when they invite you into their house without knowing you. :D They are going to read about the plan of salvation and we are going to teach them next saturday when the dad gets back from working in Rancagua for the week. 

We also taught another new investigator that is a new teacher of history. He has maybe 25 years and is super animated and loves learning. We taught him the Restoration and he said he believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet. IT WAS AWESOME!! He is super prepared. 

Anyway. I love you all. Have an amazing week. LOVE LIFE. There is so much to learn and explore and enjoy, just give thanks for everyday that Heavenly Father gives you to live and experience what life has. That is why I love that His biggest promise is the Eternal LIFE!! We exist so we can gave joy. Dont forget that :D 

Love and Animo,

Hermana McCubbins


No comments:

Post a Comment